4/14/2012

Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer review!

Concealer is not the most exciting item in my makeup bag, but it's defiantly an essential. That being said,  I hardly ever use concealer on my face (ie, blemishes and redness) as I find my foundation is good enough to cover it and tend to only use concealer under my eye area.


Before I looked in to the collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer, I was using the amazing but oh so pricey (£18 worth of pricey to be exact )  Laura Mercier secret concealer. While both these concealers are in no way comparable in terms of texture and coverage, I have been using them both for a while and I pick and chose which ever one I feel like in the morning (or if I look really tired, apply them both)  but I have to say I adore the collection 200 concealer!


Collection 2000 describe it as a "Ultimate wear concealer which provides full coverage for up to 16 hour wear" and to be honest, that was one of the reasons I was unsure about it because I find most long lasting products tend to be very drying, and that's not a good idea on your already dry blemishes and delicate under eye area. This concealer comes in 4 shades and at first I bought it in the darkest shade, no 4. I then realized that I was sadly no longer that tanned, so I marched back in to boots and got in the lighter shade, no 3. The next morning I applied it with a fluffy brush under my eye area, and it was love at first sight! 


The good:
*The coverage of this concealer is amazing! I dot 3 dots under my area and them blend them in, and gone is my under-eye darkness.(I must point out however, that this is not a corrector, so it does not have any peachy-pink tones to counteract the darkness under your eyes, this just concealed it)
*The price of this concealer is pretty fab at £4.19, and can be found in any boots store, superdrug or supermarkets that stock natural collection.
*Collection 2000 claim this can last up to 16 hours, and while I can't say it last that long (no makeup does on me!)  it certainly lasts longer than any other concealer I have ever used.


The bad;
*I have found that when applied with a fluffy brush, it can crease. All the concealers I have ever used   crease on me,I blame the weird shape of my eyes) but if I apply it with my fingers I get minimal creasing.
*The shade selection is pretty poor with only 4 shades, and they are not grate for very fair skin.. 
*This is just me being really picky, but I don't love the packaging....I just feel like it looks a little cheap.


With so much fabulous makeup out there it can be hard to find true product love, but the collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer comes pretty close to it! If you have not tried it I strongly advice you get your lovely little asses down to boots and pick one up, because it truly is a fab product.


Do any of you love this as much as me? and have you tried the foundation in this range? 

No comments:

Post a Comment