5/13/2012

All about my skin!

Just like hair, a girl's skin is one of those things that can make or break your feel good factor for the day.Wake up in the morning with a clear glowing complexion? perfect. Wake up with dull, tired looking skin, or god forbid a spot or two, and most women will be left feeling not so fabulous. 


I have to say that I have always been pretty lucky with my skin. As a teenager all I suffered from was a few spots here and there, and I have never had acne. I take very good care of my skin, I never sleep with my makeup on (EVER), I cleanse and tone twice a day and I use sunscreen on a daily basis. My skin is very oily, but most of time that does not really bother me as it's not very hard to handle. I have however, noticed that as I have gotten older, my skin is starting to have some more "grown up" skin issues.....such as dryness. Yes ladies, oily skin can be dry too!  No matter what I do, my skin has it's dry patches (under my eyebrows and on the sides of my cheeks n case you were  wondering) and I suffer from pigmentation from past sun damage (back when I was not as sun aware) and if I ever have a break out,  the scar will stick around for life. I use to have an issue with the size of my pores too, and while thy are not 100% invisible, they are no longer huge thanks to my daily use of the clarisonic. 


I think as a beauty blogger and YouTuber, you end up becoming a little more obsessed with your skin than your average woman, because you know so much about it, and I must also point out the skincare is my weakness.....sure I love makeup and nail polish, but my true passion is skincare. I love everything about it, and I truly enjoy the process of taking off my makeup, cleansing and giving myself at-home facials on a weekly basis.  I am looking for the perfect skin as I think it's so important and the base of everything else, but I can't seem to be there yet.....


How do you feel about this topic? what are you skin issues?

11 comments:

  1. It's funny because I absolutely hate taking off my make up at night. It's just something that needs to be done, just like brushing your teeth. I do take good care of my skin though :-) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I love it! on that note, i'm off to do it! haha x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you talked about this because I LOVE skincare! One of my favorite things is to cleanse my skin in the morning and apply sunscreen...somehow I don't feel quite "clean" if I don't do this! And that made me sound like a total weirdo lol.
    My biggest issue with my skin is the redness I get on my nose and chin, and my uneven skintone. It drives me insane!!And now that I turned 31 (yikes!!) I'm getting more and more obsessed with anti-aging products and stuff like that...but at least I don't suffer too much with breakouts which is REALLY good!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean so not weirdo at all! My skin is a little uneven and I hate it:(

      Delete
  3. I also never EVER go to sleep without removing my makeup! Even if I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up I have to take it ALL off! I've got oily skin too and I use the oil cleansing method a couple of times a week. Maybe it could help you with the dry patchiness you're experiencing, check out my post about it;

    http://beijaflorblogs.blogspot.com.br/2012/05/super-soft-super-clean.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      I do cleanse with an oil a few time a week but it does not seem to be helping :( gr8 post! xx

      Delete
  4. Hi! I love your blog and YouTube videos! I'm only seventeen and my Dad is the only one around so as I'm sure you can guess he hasn't exactly been able to teach me about this sort of stuff. Now, I had a question I was wondering if you knew. My Dad has never had a sunburn in his life and I haven't much either so I never wear sunscreen. I also really love to be tan because it makes my skin so naturally glowing and healthy looking and my Nana told me sunscreen will prevent you from tanning and make it so you can't absorb the vitamins from Sun exposure. But lately I've been noticing some spots and uneven texture in my skin (bumpyish eyelids, discolored cheeks, effect.) That I'm pretty sure is from me not protecting myself from the sun. When I was out with my friends I bought Natureluxe foundation if you've heard of it, I think its from Covergirl, that had spf in it hoping that would help even out the texture and color but it hasn't done a thing. Is it possible to reverse this damage? And if not at the very least will spf help prevent further damage? I have no idea how to buy sunscreen for your face and even if I got it how would I wear makeup with it? Does it go on before like lotion or primer? Or do I rub it on after and hope my makeup doesn't smudge? Please help if you can (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sunscreen is SO important and it's a total misconception that it will stop you tanning and stop you getting vitamin d from the sun, that is not the case at all. you can still tan while wearing sun screen the spf prevents the harmful rays damage your skin. there is not much you can do about getting rid of the damage, but you can make sure you protect your skin from now on. never trust an spf you get in your foundation, you need a proper spf and you need to us it daily if you skin is dry use a moisturizer after applying it all over your face, if not you can just use sunscreen and then apply your make over the top of it and you should be fine. (you can use a primer over the top of your spf if you want) basically, you need to use a sunscreen just like you would a moisturizer in the morning.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you SO much. I'm going out to buy a proper face sunscreen right now. I had no idea that the sunscreen protects you while still letting you get what you need out of the sunlight and it still works under makeup. Great advice (: thank you!!!! xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you liked the post! Sorry couldn't be of any help! Maybe if you manipulate your own oil formulation with oils and essential oils differently it could work better for you?? Just an idea! x

    ReplyDelete