11/20/2011

Review time-LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR Clarifying Lotion

I will be the first to admit that my attraction to this product was probably down to that fact I have a bit of a thing for french skin care products (and shoes, and chocolate and Ben& Gerry's, but that's a hole other issue) I love how scientific yet mild they seem, and I love how they tend to address more specific skin issues like large pores, uneven texture and so on, and not just go by your skin type. I have used so many of them over time and have pretty much loved them all. All but one....




Enter the La roch-posay effaclar  clarifying lotion. I am always looking for mild yet effective way to exfoliate my skin on a daily basis to make it look and feel its best. This is essentially a toner that is meant to  cleanse and exfoliate to help unblock and reduce the appearance of your pores. This may sound extremely self-indulgent but I have an unresolved issue with my pores. Big time! It seems they are always slightly more viable than I would like them to be  (of course, this could just be in my head as no one else seems to see what I am talking about, but nonetheless, it bothers me.) La roch-posay claim  the effeclar range is meant for people with less than perfect skin, who suffer from blocked pores, oiliness and imperfections . One of the most interesting things about this toner is it uses very few ingredients but one of the key ingredients is salicylic acid, which is an extract of  the bark of a willow tree as is a very common used ingredient in skincare products for oily skin as it helps to clean deeper down in to the pores and is not as harsh as things like  benzoyl peroxide. I have been using this toner for about 3 months now and and I can sadly but safely report that I have seen no significant  change in my pores. The few good things I can say about this is it's mild for a product of this nature and it's easily accessible at your local boots (unlike other french skin care lines like bioderma  for example). It is also pretty pricey for a toner at £11 per 200 ml but I will say it does last a fair amount of time as you only need a small amount on a cotton pad.


So sadly this was not the ultimate pore solution, i'm not a fan of pore strips and things like that so I feel I may just need to stick to my 5 min detox mask to unblock the little suckers!


Have you used this? did it work for you? and what products by La roch-posay do you really rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment