So why do some people bite their nails while others don't? it's simple really, it's a habit, and as we know, once something becomes a habit it can be ever so hard to break. Most women tend to do it when they are nervous or stressed as it offers a kind of mindless distraction, but ignoring the fact it doesn't look that nice, it can also disturb the growth of your nails and in some cases, cause infections.
So how do you stop?
- One of the most common methods used when you are a child are using one of those horrid tasting things on your nails so you don't want to taste it. If it didn't work on you then, it won't work on you now.
- Always have a nail file on you. As I said, it's a habit, but by not giving yourself the temptation of picking and biting a jagged nails, you will end up breaking the pattern so every time you feel the need to bite, file instead.
- Keep your nails short and smooth so there are no rough corners to pick at or snag.
- Use a nail hardener (Sally Hansen hard as nails is a gab one) as it the stronger your nails are, the less you will want to bite them.
- One they are looking good, make sure you keep your nails looking good by painting them and using a cuticle oil, so you won't want to ruin how nice they look.
So there you have it, my top tips for the ultimate nails biter, or hopefully, soon to be ex-nail biter?